Portal Sweater by Aaren
For all you knitting fiends slash Portal fans by the makers of such games as Half-Life and Counterstrike, some quintessential First Person Shooter games (one of my fave genres of gaming), check this out!
The full pattern is available for free from monday.tumblr.com and also on her Ravelry! Check out the detail on the elbows, heart patches! For the record, Quake 3 Arena is still and will always be the FPS that sparked it all for me. 1 FRAG LEFT!
DIY iPhone Cover Kit by Connect Design
For all you crafty Sewers slash Do-It-Yourselfers here is a lovely and fun way to dress up your iPhone! iPhone posts are few and far between on my blog but this one was adorably cute and interactive. Here is a nice little cross-stitch kit you can buy to make yourself an iPhone 4 case! The kit includes the cover itself and a few designs to choose from but it looks like you can customize it any way you’d like! A fun little needlepoint project for those who would like to try Cross-Stitch. So check it out! Get your cross-stitching on and have a lovely new case for your iPhone! Kit $18 USD. Needle Arts FTW!!
Some other nerdy fun + cross stitch here on Sprite Stitch. A community of people dedicated to handmade arts and crafts with themes centered around the video game industry. Check out their Super Marios!
Thanks John for sending this in.
Update: Apr 13, 2012 – Purl Bee has a lovely post featuring this iphone case! See their Sweet Stitching blog post for more info! They’re also selling the Leese Design iPhone 4 & 4S Cross-Stitch Case on their website! Price $24.20
Would you like to win this lovely free knitting book, Teach Yourself Visually Circular Knitting? Melissa Morgan Oakes, who wrote the book, was kind enough to send me a couple of copies to review and giveaway! You can learn more about the book in my full review ! See below on how to enter!
* Comment on any one of the posts on this blog between now and August 15, 2011 and you will automatically be entered to win. (Required)
* Retweet my tweet for a bonus entry. Make sure to include your twitter name in the comment!
* Follow me on twitter for yet another bonus entry. Make sure to include your twitter name in the comment!
* Do something (anything), include my website link – OmgHeart.com, and tell me what you did for yet another bonus entry! Please include a photo and/or link and any other relevant information like your Ravelry or blog and send it to email@example.com.
For Example: Facebook like this page by hitting the link at the bottom of this page. Join my website with Google Friend Connect. Knit, sew, or crochet a little something with a heart on it! Find something knit, sewn, or crochet with a heart on it! It will be posted on my site!
* Enter by Sunday, August 15, 2011, 11:59PM!
* Open to all entrants from all countries!
* One signed copy of Teach Yourself Visually Circular Knitting
* A nice note from OMG! Heart all the way from New York City!
* Drawing will be held on August 31, 2011. Powered by Random.org.
* Winner will be announced that same day! I will find you :)
~+~ ~+~ ~+~
WE HAVE A WINNER!
Congratulations, Rosrin W. from Stafford, TX! Your prize will be sent out shortly!
And thanks to all those (12) knitting fans who entered the contest!
As seen on TalkAndroid.com. These guys love Android devices. So naturally this shuffled up on their blog. The original creations are by Bethsco.com. She makes some cute little creations for sale including the Droid Bot pictured above. Check out her blog too for crochet mania! You can find the full pattern on their website or copied here for your convenience: (more…)